At first glance, a good film festival should actually be a little too overwhelming and that’s certainly the case with the imminent IIFl. A huge platform for cinemas all across the world to project the excellence of the art of filmmaking, the festival is back with its 50th edition in Goa to celebrate its golden jubilee with some great screenings, open forums, workshops, masterclasses all under one roof.
Did you know that it is the first International Film Festival held in Asia? That’s a big deal, guys! Now you cannot miss this one. Here’s everything you should know about the festival!
Click on the ticket widget below and you’ll be taken straight to the delegate registration page. Sign Up/login and scroll down to my IFFI page. Follow the delegate application guidelines, and send in your application. Tada, you’re done!
It gives you access to –
- Workshops & Master-Classes
- Film Screenings
- Free Wi-Fi
- Delegate Kit
- Online Ticket Booking
You have to register for the Film Bazaar separately and Opening/Closing ceremony is invite-based events.
What is the festival all about?
With some amazing screenings, workshops, and events lined up, the festival is a film carnival!
- International Competition – Best fiction films from all over the world will compete in this one.
- Best Debut Film of a Director– Platform for the first time filmmakers to showcase their skills.
- Festival Kaleidoscope– Showcases critically acclaimed films made by contemporary filmmakers.
- World Panorama – Presents outstanding fiction films by renowned filmmakers.
- Sketch on Screen – Screens around 4-5 international animation films with Indian collaborations.
- Retrospective of Masters – Retrospective of the classic films made master filmmakers.
- Country Focus – It brings out the cinematic excellence and contributions of particular countries.
- Lifetime Achievement Awardee – Recognizes the contribution of lifetime achievers.
- Special Retrospective – Focuses on films that shed light on technical and artistic aspects of cinema.
- UNESCO Gandhi Medal – Will be presented to a film which reflects the ideals of
- Indian Panorama – 47 Indian films selected by the Indian Panorama Jury will be screened.
- Retrospective of Dadasaheb Phalke Award Winner – A retrospective of films of the recipients.
- Homages – Pays tribute to the film personalities who have taken refuge in the abode of God.
- Package for Visually Impaired Children – Screenings for children who are visually impaired.
- Open Air Screening of Sports films – A large screen will be put up in a vast open area.
- State Focus – It will shed light on the art and culture of a particular state.
- Special Package – A special movie package from Tunisia will be screened.
What are you waiting for, fellow film fans? Go, tell your friends and family and convince them to attend this iconic fiesta of movies, memories, and masters! Tag them below and spread the word. We’ll see you there.