How many of you can say you’ve run a marathon? For some, it’s a major lifetime goal – one to tick off the bucket list while for some it is like a regular cardio day at the gym. If you’re someone who belongs to the former category, it is time to tick it off the list.
With the 6th edition of Bengaluru Marathon coming up in October, you better start getting your training and nutrition into check. After all, the event aims to promote running in the city and encourage a fit and healthy lifestyle.
Everything you need to know about race categories and eligibility!
Whether you are an athlete or someone who always has a hard time running a few miles, whether you are a male or a female or a kid, there’s surely a race category where you can fit in. Read below and decide fast which one you’re going to choose.
- Full Marathon – This is a long 42.2 KM long run for males and females older than 18 years
- Half Marathon – All those who are 18 above can participate in this 21.09 KM race
- 5 KM Fun Run – Kiddies older than 6 years are eligible for this simple 5 KM run but they must come with their parents/guardians
Complimentary Race Day T-shirt will be given to all participants.
Drool-worthy prize money!
After the battle, comes the reward. The organizers of this marathon never disappoint the winners. For the full marathon, the prize money on offer starts from a jaw-dropping Rs. 40,000 and you can bag money till Rs. 10,000. For the half marathon, you can take home anywhere between Rs. 25,000 and Rs. 5000. See full details here.
When will the winners be announced and the certificates/medals be distributed?
- On the event day, victory ceremony will be held for only the top 3 fastest finishers.
- All age category winners will be announced on the official website 3 working days post the event.
- Medal, merit certificate & prize money will be distributed to the winners 45 days after the event.
- All runners of the Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 5 KM Run will get a finisher’s medal post the run.
- Timing certificates of marathon finishers will be available for download from the event website within 30 days from race day.
Tickets and registrations!
We know you’re in a hurry to click on the ticket widget to register.
Check Ticket Prices
Before you do so, a few things to keep in mind!
- The early you register, the more discount you get. So, register ASAP!
- Last day to register is 15th September 2019. Registrations may close early if all slots get filled.
- Requests for cancellation/transfer of participation can be made before 13th September 2019.
- Any early bird ticket will not be refunded/transferred/canceled.
All confirmed participants can collect their running number bibs from the Expo scheduled on 11th and 12th October 2018. The venue for this will be announced on the official website shortly.
Why do a marathon? Because you can! Set a goal and achieve it. Tell us what you think about marathons below. We’d love to hear from you.
For all enquries please contact organizer:
Email – email@example.com
Contact – +91 9206265087,+91 8150944084