If running a marathon at the high altitude excites you then you need to participate in the Bir Billing Marathon 2020. Bir is still the trail that is not that well-explored, but you will feel awesome once you acclimatize to the ambience over there.
When is the marathon?
The marathon will happen on April 12, 2020.
Where is the marathon?
Paragliding landing site in Bir.
How to reach this event?
Once you get to Bir, you can reach the venue by walking as the place is very near and within walking distance. The starting point is 1KM away from the bus stop where the comfortable Volvo buses will drop the passengers right in front of the hotel Natraj.
What’s the time?
Wake up early at 5:00 AM and have the run till 9:00 AM which will be followed by refreshments.
Where to do the registrations?
It’s very easy!! Please scroll down to the price section given below.
Check Ticket Prices
Which are the categories?
- 42 KM: This is the full marathon and you need to run for the distance of 42 KM
- 21 KM: To win and finish this Half Marathon make sure you cover the distance of 21 KM
- 10 KM: In this Run, you need to complete 10 KM
- 5 KM: Half of 10 KM!! Run just for 5 KM.
What stuffs you will be getting there:
- T-Shirts: The organizers would be giving you the theme-based unique T-shirts.
- Personalized Bibs: You would be receiving Bibs as well.
- Timing Certificates and Trophy: Once you finish the race well, you would be getting the timing certificate and well-embellished trophy.
You need to carry for the race:
- Sunscreen: If your skin is sensitive it’s better if you carry that perfect SPF.
- Running jersey and shorts- The wind will be chilly, and you need to wear the perfect attire.
- Cap: If there is sun it is best to carry a cat.
- Windcheater for the morning chill: Save yourself from the chilly breeze.
- Sunglasses: Carry that branded one you just bought! You look super smart.
The weather will be good as the snow starts melting in the region. Once the race is over, wait for a while as the post-race refreshments will be offered by the organizers. We recommend you to be at the event site at least 5 to 7 days earlier to get well acclimatized with the weather.
They would be offering paragliding packages also and we will update you with the same information about how you can book your tickets for that as well. Watch this space for more.
The weather would be amazing, and you may expect mild pre-monsoon showers. The alpine meadows across enchant every nature lover.
So, have you already registered for the marathon yet? Do share this information with the marathon lovers and tag us @festevemantra. We would love to know your thoughts in the comments below.