The crafts of India are a mirror of the cultural identity of the people who make it. Indian culture promises exclusivity, beauty, dignity, and style. The India craft week celebrations are for craftsmanship and the artisans who devoted their entire life to developing and preserving the rich heritage of India. The objective of India craft week was to lay special focus on global craft & folk tradition and to bring handmade craft through Good stories.
India Craft Week Preview:
The exclusive India craft week of 2019 is going to be held on 4-8 December 2019 at GMR Aerocity, New Delhi. The five-day-long celebrations will be the talk of the town where they exhibit the works of the finest craftsmanship that binds art, culture, and design. This event will bring all craftsmen, designers, brands, and institutions together in one place through live workshops, demonstrations, installations, performances, and cross-talks. The event will kick start at 11 AM and if you are interested in the event, comment below.
Travel to the venue:
- By Air – From Delhi International Airport it will take around 12 min to reach GMR Aerocity station through Metro Orange Line.
- By Road – You can reach GMR Aerocity via airport road with the help of Uber, town car, taxi and it will take around 9 min.
Check Ticket Prices
The much-anticipated India Craft Week 2019 is all set to begin in December, and it is one of the perfect platforms to explore and understand the unique handicraft product of all states. Most of the exhibitors in the India Craft Week are the state and national award winners. They will also guide people who are interested in crafts by sharing their knowledge about handicrafts and art.
The India Craft week showcases authentic and contemporary craft forms under five unique segments.
- Craft Workshop – The India Craft week brings exclusive and rare 20 craft workshops in the field of Textiles, Ceramics, Paintings, Wood Carving, Stone Carving, Gemstones and many more
- Crafts Rare – Meet the original makers and top 15 rare craftsmen who bring out innovative products representing the endangered craft forms.
- Craft Panorama – It’s a fine initiative by India Craft week to glorify and acknowledge the ingenious masters of crafts by representing their innovative works for the world to see and explore.
- Craft Luxe & Installations – It witness the finest work of brands, organization, and individuals in the craft industry. They will showcase and create the elaborate work latched inside their artistic mind and soul.
Crafts are the only natural connect between consumers and products. India Craft Week is helping millions of families across India that still practices timeless traditions. Craft village this year has been invited by World’s most prestigious London craft week to showcase 10-rare craft forms of India under the “India Craft Week 2019” preview.
Explore the benchmark of craftsmanship! Here are some of the interesting exotic antiques that you would never miss!!
- Miniature painting by Padma Shakir Ali
- Gond Painting by Padma Shri Bhajju Shyam
- Black Stone Pottery by National Awardee Machihan Sasa from Manipur
- Kalamkari by National Awardee J. Niranjan
- Phad by National Awardee Kalyan Joshi
- Kalighat Patua by National Awardee Anwar Chitrakar
- Mata Ni Pachedi by National Awardee Sanjay Chitara
India Craft Week is also planning to a lot of other exciting things related to art and crafts. People of around 7.4K had shown interested to attend it 4th of December. Show your interest in the comments section and grab your tickets.
The India Craft Week 2019 will bring together master artisans, contemporary names as well as crafts organizations for a five-day fiesta of color, creativity, and learning. Here you can be a sponsor, buyer, participant, visitor and media partner.
Explore the newest trends in sustainable, ethical, and hand-crafted luxury products. Find it difficult to grow your crafts arsenal without a visit to every state? Here’s the opportunity to get first-hand experience on techniques that use textiles, pottery, metal, and more.