Goa is not only the land of beaches or a city of churches; it is a feeling that defines thrill in the most amazing way. And what if we tell you that an exciting event is around the corner which gives you a chance to run in this paradise with thousands of people from all across the country? Yes, the Goa River Marathon is back with its 10th edition and here’s everything you wanna know about it.
Race categories, timings and age criteria!
Just as Goa is an ideal destination for anyone and everyone, so is The Goa River Marathon. With flexible timings, age groups and distances, pick the one which best suits you and your lifestyle.
- 195 KM Full Marathon – The race starts at 04:30 AM and only people older than 18 years can participate in this one. The stretch is 21.0975 KM from the start to turnaround point and back. You’ll be eligible for a timing certificate if you cross the finish line within 6.5 hours from start.
- 0975 KM Half Marathon – It is scheduled to start at 05:30 AM and the race distance is a fairly easy one. Age eligibility is 18 years and plus. You’ll get a timing certificate is you cross the finish line within 3.15 hours from start.
- 10 KM Competitive Run – The race will begin at 06:15 AM and the minimum age to participate is 13 years. The turnaround point is the picturesque island of Saint Jacinto situated in the Zuari River. Eligibility of timing certificate is crossing the finish line within 1.45 hours from start.
- The 5 KM Fun Walk-Run – The race starts at 09:00 AM and the route is easy to walk and very pleasant for children up to 12 years of age. An adult t-shirt will be provided to children 12 years and above.
Arrangements for the runners!
The day will be super easy and hassle-free with arrangements like-
- Traffic-free route
- Medical aid
- Baggage counter
- Transport arrangement
- Pre-event runs
- Training workshops
- Participants area
- Physiotherapy unit
- Toilet facilities
- Hydration points at regular intervals (every 1-1.5 KM)
What will your goodie bag have?
There’s a lot of cool stuff in there –
- Limited edition T-Shirt
- Timing chip
A look at the prizes!
The organizers of the marathon have made the event a lot more fun with prizes starting from INR 25,000 for various categories. Yes, that’s true!
- Only open category prizes will be declared on the day of the event. Prize winners should necessarily provide details of their bank account in India.
- Age category prizes will be announced after 3 days and distributed within a fortnight from the date of the event.
How and where to register?
Click below and you’ll be taken straight to the registration/ticket site. You can also register manually for the 5 KM category on race day. On the spot registration for other categories is subject to availability. Only those who register by 10th October 2019 will be eligible to have their name printed on the bib. The last date for registration is 10th November 2019.
Check Ticket Prices
Starting Rs. 500 Book Now1 OFFERSGroup of 10-19 will get 20% discount
How and when to collect the race kit and bib?
The race kit and bib will be distributed at the EXPO which is schedule on-
- 15th November 2019 from 11:00 AM to 07:00 PM
- 16th November 2019 from 09:30 AM to 07:00 PM
The expo location will be announced shortly on their official website, Facebook page and E-mail.
To collect your race kit, please carry-
- Your registration confirmation E-mail/ SMS
- ID proof
- Address proof
We think we’ve got everything covered only to reach the venue and find we missed out something vital. Here’s a checklist of the most important stuff to remember.
- Race ticket/receipt
- Identity card
- Comfortable and sweat free-running attire
- Visit EXPO venue and pick up bib & timing chip
- Attach bib to the race tee
- Mostly, have loads of fun and enjoy!
Date – Sunday, 17th November 2019
Venue – Jogger’s Park at Chicalim (Landmarks are Anand Residency Housing Complex and V.M. Salgaocar Hospital)
We know you’re in a hurry to register, so we’ll not keep you waiting. Go, register now and start training now! After all, who would like to miss a chance of running a marathon in Goa, eh? Also, make sure to write to us below about your thoughts on marathons. Check out other up-coming Marathons around the country here.