They say music is the strongest form of magic. It has the ability to enchant, mesmerize and unite people in a way nothing ever can.
Divergent World of Music & Magic!
A three day festival of contemporary music and art, The Magnetic Fields Festival is held every December right in the middle of a desert in a small village called Alsisar in Rajasthan. Hosting several artists from across the world, the festival is nothing less than a visual dream of contemporary culture and royal hospitality. It extends way beyond music; it’s where history, tradition and talent come together to give visitors an unforgettable magical experience.
Dates – 13th-15th December 2019
Timings – From 12 PM on 13th till midnight on 15th
Venue – Alsisar Mahal, Rajasthan
Tickets are live:
There are various packages available that include accommodation, food, amenities, tents etc. The ticket price includes accommodation and festival passes only. If you are managing accommodation yourself, there is a festival pass on offer as well. If you haven’t booked your tickets, now is the time. Why don’t you click below to find out more?
Check Ticket Prices
Starting Rs. 13,350 Book NowTickets are fully refundable up until December 01 2019, with a deduction of Rs 1500 convenience fee.
How to reach the festival?
Getting to the Magnetic Field Festival is a bit of a task. Although situated in the remote village of Alsisar, there are a few ways you can get to this place.
- Train – It is a 4-hour journey from Sarai Rohilla, New Delhi to Sadulpur Junction. You can then hire a cab from Sadulpur to Alsisar which is a 45 minutes ride. Trains are also available to Jhunjhunu Station from New Delhi (6 hours) and Jaipur (4.5 hours). Jhunjhunu to Alsisar is 30 minutes by taxi.
- Bus – State transport, as well as private buses from neighboring cities and towns to Alsisar, are available.
- Car – The journey to Alsisar takes 6 hours from Delhi and 4 hours from Jaipur.
Artist line up and things to do!
At the festival, there are plenty of artists playing all kinds of genres. Ranging from techno, rock, indie, house, underground, reggae and the list goes on. With every festival that takes place, the performing artists never stay the same. Lineup information will be released in due time so stay tuned.
Peter Cat Recording Co. is confirmed till now. So, if you’re really into music, partying all night, meeting new people from all around the world, then this is a festival you must visit!
What else can I look forward to?
The Magnetic Field Festival has organized a lot of activities while you’re not at the stage or tent.
Apart from the insane party scenes, Magnetic Fields hosts a lot of classes and workshops to light up the creative soul within you. You can take part in photography, The Magneto Sanctuary for the mind, body and soul, Tatwa for awareness, meaning and emotional support and many more.
There are tons of other things to do like kite flying, bonfire talks, folk dances, yoga classes, meditation sessions, treasure hunts and more.
The festival hosts a session called Magnetic Words where India’s talented writers, activists, and journalists come together to network and share their wisdom.
There are many shopping stalls in the campsite where you can indulge in some gypsy buys.
Wait, what about my stay?
No, you can’t live in Thakur’s bedroom, but there are some really cool accommodation options for you-
- Palace Stay -If you want to experience Rajasthani royalty the best way, spend a night in one of the palace rooms. The grand courtyards and the magnificent heritage suites will give you an opportunity to live like a king.
- Desert Camping – Adjacent to the palace, about 100 metres away is this huge camping site where there are a lot of lodging options. The luxurious tents, under the starlit sky accompanied with firewood to keep you warm is an option that beats any luxury suite!
- The next best option is ‘BYOT – Bring Your Own Tent’. Yes, you can carry and set up your own tent if you are a bit low on budget.
What kind of food will be available on site?
From gourmet rooftop dining to eating Maggi at a villager’s stall, Magnetic Fields is not only great with art and cultural presentation but also their food selection. The dining options are divided into three sections:
The campsite in the desert will have a huge section allocated to food stalls. You can hog on all kinds of food items from 9 AM to 11 PM here. You name it and they have it!
The palace ground had the same stalls as the campsite, but are open till midnight. Alsisar Mahal also has various bars and restaurants such as Badal Mahal, Dungeon Bar and Lounge and World War 2 Lounge.
Right between the campsite and the palace is a narrow lane where all the villagers put up their food stalls from 1 AM to 7 AM. It’s the best option to beat those midnight hunger pangs.
What amenities will be available at the festival?
The people at the festival have made sure you have a hassle-free 3 days with basic arrangements like-
- First Aid
- Paid Valet Parking
The entire festival is an amalgamation of music and culture with talent and tradition. You surely don’t want to give this once-in-a-lifetime experience a miss. Go, grab your tickets now and thank us later.