A little reading is all the therapy a person needs sometimes. And to sniff the pages of old books and run from one bookstall to another at a book fair is the therapy a person needs all the time. Yes, bookworms, it is time to get your reading list and welcome New Year with your favorite book at the New Delhi World Book Fair at Pragati Maidan.
We are sure your inner nerd can’t keep calm! Read on to know what’s in store for all you bibliophiles this year.
When and where is New Delhi World Book Fair happening?
We assure you, you are just in the right place to find this information!
Like every year, the New Delhi World Book Fair is happening at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from 4th till 12th January 2020. The entry & exit time on each day is from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Where to buy tickets from and how to get there?
The best way to reach the fair is by Blue Line metro and get down at Pragati Maidan metro station. Purchase your entry ticket from metro Gate number 3 before leaving the metro station. Once you have purchased your ticket, take an exit from the metro gate no. 3 from where the entrance to the fair is just at 5 minutes of walking distance.
The ticket costs just ₹20 per person for adults and ₹10 for children. Students in school uniforms and carrying school identity card can enter the fair free of cost.
If you’re getting your own vehicle, there’s an authorized parking lot near the Bhairav Mandir opposite Pragati Maidan’s Gate Number 1. This is the second spot from where you can get your tickets. The Book Fair guys have organized a free shuttle service from the gate that takes you right to the hall.
There isn’t a genre of books you won’t find here!
If you’ve read about this fair in the past or have had firsthand experience, you know the 500+ exhibitors out here never fail in pleasing any reader. Whether you’re a fiction junkie or like the taste of real-world stories, whether you’re a sucker for DC & Marvel comics or love indulging in some self-motivational books, you can bag books here of almost any genre. From mounds of books for tiny tots to some of the most beautiful foreign translations, this is not just a book fair, but a book land. And the best part is that you can score reads at dirt cheap prices starting from 50 bucks. Yes, you read it right!
It’s more than just books! Authors, readers, exhibitors & publishers, there’s everything for everyone here!
- Author’s Corner 2020: This includes two dedicated panels for discussions and dialogues.
- Children’s Pavilion: What’s a land of books without children? This Children’s Pavilion will host a variety of children’s activities to promote children’s literature & reading habits. Get your tiny tots prepared for participating in skits, street plays, musical presentations, story-telling, and workshops.
- International Events Corner: An engaging platform for sharing ideas and enhancing literature understanding.
- Cultural Program: What’s a fair without some dance or music? Their organized cultural program ha been a highly appreciated part of the whole fair.
- Book Readings: While you are already here, do participate in book reading sessions.
- Quizzes: If you are a living-encyclopedia, participating in quizzes is your winning moment.
- Award-Winning Books Gallery: This one’s definitely cherry on the top of this sundae treat!
Where to catch a breath and grab a bite?
With an amazingly spacious layout and comfy couches at every corner, the air-conditioned halls have a comfortable ambiance to relax after all the book hunting. Also, we know, you’re bound to get hungry after all the bargaining and scouting. Don’t worry, there are multiple indoor snacks and tea stalls selling fast food, drinks and more. Now that you’re all back in action, get ready to stock up books for 2020! Don’t we always shop like that? A lot and then a little more!
So, get your reading list ready, mark your calendars and tell all your fellow book addicts about it. We’ll see you there! Make sure to leave any questions you might have in the comments section below and we’ll get back to you. Until then, keep reading!