A Soothing Run in the Holy City Of Scriptures.
Haven’t we all thought, “OH! How cool!” someday or the other, when we saw our friends posting pictures of the marathons they participated in. Many of us might decide to run for a cause. But if you are someone who doesn’t get this concept, then run for yourself. Afterall running keeps you healthy and in shape. Prayagraj Half Marathon 2020, is all set to begin in Prayagraj(Allahabad) which hosts the Sangam of three holy rivers. The Marathon will be organized in George Town, Prayagraj, one of the oldest cities of India and also holiest among pilgrimages.
The Marathon is scheduled for the 29th of March in Madan Mohan Malviya Stadium, located in George Town. Unlike most of the marathons, which aim for a greater cause, this one simply aims to encourage running. Organized by the thrill zone, the event aims at establishing running as a serious sport by the use of extensive training. So gear yourself up, as a rocking dhol team awaits you on the finishing line.
BUT, how do I get there?
- From the Civil Lines Bus Stand: From the bus stand head towards Nawab Yusuf Road via Patrika Marg. Take a left to the Yusuf Road and take the 2nd left on the roundabout. From here reach the Panna Lal road via Mahatma Gandhi Marg and you are a few meters away from the stadium.
- From the Prayagraj Junction: Take a cab to reach Thornhill road via Jayaram road and then take a left on this road which Joins to the Panna Lal road, and voila! Just a few meters more to your destination.
- From the airport: Reach ITBP road and take the route to IIIT Chauraha via Prem Marg. Keep straight from the Chauraha and reach IOC Road by taking a right onto the IIIT Road and the 1st exit at the roundabout. Take the Purushottamdas Tandon Marg and reach Thornhill road. From here you can take either the route from Panna Lal Road or Kamla Nehru Road to reach the stadium.
Book Your Ticket Now!
Make this March a marvelous one by indulging in fitness and rejuvenation and book your tickets in the price section.
Check Ticket Prices
Starting Rs. 500 Book NowNote: Including T-shirt, Medal, Certificate, Refreshments, Energy drink | Registration ends on 23rd Feb'20
The Options (Race Categories):
- 21 Km: For all the regular runners out there, go for it. Achieve new milestones!
- 10km: If you are a newbie, then test how far have you come, go slow at first and then increase your pace.
- 5km: Not quite a fan of long-distance running. The organizers have a shorter one backed up for you.
DO I Get Some Reward?
Of course, you do. Without any bias, runners from all three categories get a T-shirt, medal and a certificate. And some delicious refreshments and energy drink too.
Is My Marathon Well Equipped?
Yes, it is. The event has all the basic facilities including ambulance, doctors, baggage and medical counters, washrooms, photographer, and a parking space.
Your Prayagraj Visit is incomplete without going to:
- The Sangam of Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati.
- Anand Bhawan and Swaraj Bhawan
- Alfred Park
- Hanuman Mandir, which has a 20 feet tall and 8 feet wide, huge statue of Lord Hanuman
- Company Garden
A tip before you go: There are both photographers and videographers, so don’t forget to smile while running. And you can collect your pictures from an application by using your BIB number (Chest number).