Run Pune, run!
Red Marathon is being organized for the 2nd consecutive year in one of the most livable cities of India, i.e. Pune in March. Pune is blessed to have the best climate in India and March happens to be the peak of spring time. If you have been finding yourself stuck lately in your couch and getting all that extra flab, here is a chance to challenge yourself for this mega marathon event with more than 3000 participants. The minimum distance category for this event starts from 3km, so to participate and do justice to your participation, you will have to take out your running shoes at the earliest to set the gear.
Venue and how to reach!
The venue for this event is the Police Ground, located at Pashan, Pune.
Via Road: From your starting point, travel towards Modern College of Arts, Science & Commerce, and get on Pashan Road. Keep driving through to find Center for Police Research and take a turn towards Chanvan Nagar Police Line, keep driving to find the venue on your left.
Via Train: It is about 5.5 to 6kms from the Pune railway station by road, which takes about 20 minutes in all.
Registration and all!
You can register yourself by clicking on the Register widget below which will take you to the registration page. One point to remember is while registering themselves, participants are expected to provide correct details as in the case of mismatch later, it might result in cancellation of the registration. The cost of registration starts from Rs 550 on average.
Check Ticket Prices
Starting Rs. 550 Book NowNote: Registration ends on 12th March'20
Race categories and eligibility to participate:
There are four race categories in which you can participate:
- 21 KM: The half-marathon challenges you to reach the finishing point by running a distance of 21KM. To participate in this category, you need to report at 5:00 AM. Along with your bib, you’ll also get a timing chip.
- 10KM: This one is slightly easier than the 21 km category, so people who are not as yet that confident to run a longer distance can opt for this one. Similar to the 21 KM category, you need to report at 5 AM and will get a timing chip attached to the BIB.
- 5KM: For this, you have to report at 5:30 AM and have to run a distance of 5 KM, you will get the common prizes like t-shirt and medal but not the timing chip and BIB
- 3KM: This is comparatively the easiest and for this one, a small distance of 3 km has to be covered and this one too awards the participant with a t-shirt and a medal.
The registrations are open, so please register yourself soon, however, once you register yourself the fee is non-refundable or non-transferable amongst categories. The race route has not been decided as yet but will be disclosed soon, keep looking for updates on their Facebook page for the same.
Prizes to be won!
- Cash prices for male and female will be awarded only for the 10km and 21km categories.
- Irrespective of the rank, all participants get a Technical Fabric Runners’ T-shirt and a Finisher Medal.
- Participants get the post-event breakfast and snacks and energy drinks like electrolyte and Glucon-D to keep them boosted for the event throughout.
You should not miss this opportunity, as this is a beautiful opportunity to kick-start your new year heath related goals and that too in the very heart of Pune. So, get out of your comfort zone and register yourself, as this is the force required to clear your inertia of rest