As India’s capital of beaches, coconut water and palm trees, it is little surprise that Goa plays host to a huge and diverse number of festivals and fairs throughout the year. One of them is Serendipity Arts Festival. It brings together performative, visual, and culinary practices from India and beyond, in ways unseen before. With its 4th edition hitting the vibrant settings of Panaji in December, the festival is one of the biggest celebrations for artists, dancers, photographers and actors. Here’s everything you wanna know about it!
What is Serendipity Arts Festival?
- A platform for eminent and emerging artists to showcase their work and collaborate
- A cultural project that hopes to affect positive change in the arts in India
- Aims to promote new creative strategies, artistic interventions, and cultural partnerships, whilst exploring genres with film, live arts, literature and fashion
- It promotes educational initiatives, workshops, special projects, and institutional engagements
The best part about this festival is not that it brings together performative, visual, and culinary artists to showcase their work and collaborate. The best part is that IT IS FREE to attend! Yes, 8 days of unlimited fun, inspiration, and learning for free. Now you’ve got no reason to miss this festival. Click below to fill the registration form.
What can you experience at that festival?
The festival is a combination of acclaimed works, commissioned pieces, and innovative adaptations in the field of-
- Craft – It aims to position the ingenuity of crafts in the present while borrowing from the rich reservoir of works from the past.
- Culinary Arts – It aims to provide a unique food experience through curated workshops, talks and tastings.
- Dance – It attempts to engage various forms of contemporary and traditional Indian dance resulting in a balance between music, dance and drama.
- Music – The Festival has unique sound experiences that showcase the cross-currents between sound, visuals, space and technology.
- Photography – It examines ideas and practices within photography, lesser-known histories, archives, studios and commissioned works.
- Theatre – The performances explore fresh avenues to showcase traditional forms with a contemporary twist.
- Visual Arts – It emphasizes on a wide spectrum of emerging artists, performance art, street art and a film programme.
Where will the festival be held?
Spread across various venues in Panaji, Goa, Serendipity Arts Festival aims to transform Panaji into a vibrant cultural space, with multiple exhibitions, performances, and immersive art experiences. The venues are-
- PWD Complex
- The Adil Shah Palace
- Clube Nacional
- Children’s Park
- Santa Monica Jetty
- Old GMC Complex
- Kala Academy Goa
- DB Ground
- Old GIM
- Kadamba Bus Stand
- Santa Monica Church
How to reach the festival?
- By Air – Goa’s Dabolim Airport is 30 kilometers from Panaji
- By Road- Private and state-run long-distance buses run to and from Goa. Tickets can be purchased on the spot or online.
- By Rail – The main train stations in Goa are Madgaon, Vasco da Gama, and Karmali station near Old Goa, 12 kms from Panaji.
We recommend you do not wait any longer and spread the work out loud. Well, who would like to miss this extraordinary event that recognizes the work, ideas and practices of some of the best artists in and around India? Surely, we wouldn’t. Go, register now and tell us in the comments when done. We’ll see you there!