The largest sporting event in Chennai and the country’s second-largest marathon, this event needs no introduction! Calling out all fitness buffs and early birds, The Chennai Marathon is back to hit the ground with its 8th edition in January 2020. We recommend you start prepping already as this one’s gonna be a rad run. See deets below!
Registrations are open!
- All the 4 categories have the same registration fee whether you register as an individual or as a corporate group of minimum 10 people.
- Registrations are live till 30th November 2019 so you better reserve a spot at the earliest as nobody would like to miss being a part of India’s second-largest marathon.
- The last date of changing the race category is also 30th November 2019.
- No cancellations or refunds will be entertained whatsoever.
- The bib and race kit needs to be collected at the Expo. Make sure to carry your age proof.
- Registration criteria – Runners who have run a full marathon in 5 hours & 30 minutes or a half marathon in 2 hours & 30 minutes, with a valid timing certificate will be approved to participate. Runners whose applications get rejected will be given an option to change the category or request for a full refund. Thus, sharing the timing certificate link, race category and BIB number from the qualifying race is a must while registering.
Click below to grab the tickets!
Check Ticket Prices
Race categories, timings and age criteria!
The Chennai Marathon 2020 will host 4 race categories.
- 10 KM Run – The easiest of all, the 10 KM run should be your go-to category if you’ve never run a marathon before. Minimum age criteria is 15 years.
- 21 KM Half Marathon – This is the happy middle ground for runners who have been a part of multiple races but are a bit away from planning a full marathon. You must be 18 years and above to participate in this one.
- 32 KM Perfect 20 Miler Run – This new category was introduced last year in 2019. The race is scheduled to start at 4:30 AM with all participants above the age of 18 years.
- 42 KM Full Marathon- The flagship race of the event will take you through both vintage Madras and modern Chennai as it is the longest one. Runners are expected to hit the ground at 4 AM.
What will your participation kit have?
All runners will be given a goody bag with:
- Running Bib
- Timing Chip
- Breakfast Tuck Box
- Exclusive Event T-shirt.
All finishers completing within the cut-off time will get a medal and downloadable E-certificate. The details of cut-off time will be announced during the Chennai Marathon 2020 Expo.
What facilities will be there?
The organizers of The Chennai Marathon are super sweet and caring as they have taken the following into consideration:
- Baggage collection and storage facility
- Aid station with water, energy drinks, fruits, biscuits & pain relief sprays
- Medical professionals for emergencies
So, go make plans with your health freak buddies and come on over! We’ve given you all the deets, now all you’ve gotta do is register and run. We’ll see you there!