A 5-day celebration of debate and discussion, readings and poetry, music and food, the Jaipur Literature Festival is back in January 2020. Calling all lit-loving speakers, delegates, writers, media persons, and influencers from across India and abroad, JLF is the best way to start your 2020. It is a great event to meet your book idols, hear them read, get your books signed and mingle with fellow readers. What’s to love? Everything that follows.
How many speakers will be featured at JLF and who are they?
Every year, the festival brings together a diverse mix of the world’s greatest writers, thinkers, humanitarians, politicians, business leaders, sports-people and entertainers on one stage. This year’s list is yet to be announced so stay tuned with us. Past speakers have ranged from Gulzar to Javed Akhtar and Vikram Seth. An annual event that goes beyond literature, the festival has also hosted Amitabh Bachchan, the late A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama and Oprah Winfrey.
Competitions and events!
JLF hosts a lot of fun events and activities for all music, books and dance lovers. Some key ones to check out are-
- Blogging Contest
- Essay Writing
- Quiz Contest
- Youth Outreach
- Jaipur Music Stage @ Hotel Clarks Amer
- Fashion Show @ Jawahar Kala Kendra
- Heritage Events @ Amber Fort
The details of these will be announced shortly on their official website.
What is Jaipur BookMark and iWrite?
Running parallel to JLF, JBM is a B2B segment initiative which hosts publishers, literary agents, translation agencies and writers from around the world. It is a great opportunity to meet and learn from the best in the business, attend sessions, build partnerships, discover new authors, sign deals and network. It will be help on all days at Diggi Palace.
What is iWrite?
Organized by JBM, it is an event for writers. It calls manuscripts, short stories, poetry, and works of fiction or non-fiction.
- INR 1000 will be charged during submission
- If you are in top 10, you’ll get a chance to pitch your work to press, publishers, literary agents, translators, and industry experts
- Each participant will receive feedback on whether they’re selected or not
- Shortlisted entrants will receive a delegate badge, festival tote, and certificate
How to become a delegate at JLF?
Get to experience the festival the best way by purchasing a delegate pass. Your VIP privileges include-
- Access to JLF @ Diggi Palace
- Free entry to Jaipur Music Stage @ Hotel Clarks Amer
- Access to Fashion Show @ Jawahar Kala Kendra
- Access to the Majestic Evening @ Amber Fort
- Access to the exclusive JBM @ Haveli Lounge
- Priority seating at “The Baithak” and other special events
- Invite to the Festival Cocktail Evening
- Complimentary lunch @ Festival Hub
- Access to Delegate Lounge
- Roundtables, talks and panel discussions
- Festival Tote bag with JBM & JLF brochures and other goodies
- Cabs, shuttles and hotels at special rates
Select the day(s) which suit you the best to purchase a pass for. Click on the ticket widget below to book your delegation. If you’re registering for 5 days, take advantage of the ‘5 for the price of 4’ offer.
How, when and where to register?
All attendees are required to register-
- General – Access to session venues, book store, food, and merchandise stalls
- Delegate – Become a delegate and experience the festival the best way
- School – Batches of school students accompanied by teachers are welcome to attend
- Media – Exclusively for people representing print and electronic media
Check Ticket Prices
A person can register online for free by filling the form available on the festival website or on the spot for INR 300. Do carry your valid photo ID and registration code.
Dates – 23rd to 27th January 2020
Venue – Shivaji Marg, Panch Batti, Sangram Colony, C-Scheme, Jaipur
How to become a volunteer?
While preference is given to Jaipur locals, everyone is welcome to apply.
- Fill the online application on their website
- Shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview in Jaipur from October to November
- It is mandatory for shortlisted volunteers to attend a training session prior to the Festival
I hope everything you read about the ‘greatest literary show on Earth’ will make you tell everyone around you that you’re starting 2020 the best way. Go and register now. It’s FREE! We’ll see you there!